Our mission is to help catalyze creativity and innovation to create a green and vibrant North Bay.
We undertake our mission by:
- graduating a workforce ready to solve sustainability and environmental challenges in all sectors
- increasing opportunities for faculty/student research and creative inquiry on priority sustainability issues of the North Bay
- increasing solution-oriented discourse and SSU campus engagement in community activities and events addressing sustainability
- embedding net-zero-impact practices into campus operations and collaborating with North Bay communities to achieve regional sustainability goals
- AASHE STARS Bronze Rating (2016)
- Top Real Estate Projects - North Bay Business Journal award to Wine Spectator Learning Center (2017)
- Princeton Review Green Rating (2008-2010)
Sonoma State Core Values
The Sonoma State Strategic Plan 2025 identifies four core values that are infused into everything we do. These values are an expression of who we are:
- Diversity & Social Justice
- Sustainability & Environmental Inquiry
- Connectivity & Community Engagement
- Adaptability & Responsiveness
Sustainability and Environmental Inquiry cannot become a significant part of our culture without fully embracing the other three values.