Wednesday, October 19, 2016
3:30 pm - 4:15 pm
The focus of this forum will be to provide students with the space to have meaningful conversations about how these topics tie into the greater concept of sustainability: (list the 5 topics). Students will discuss their own experiences, including how the topics currently and will continue to affect their lives. Another portion of the workshop will be dedicated to talking about whether or not they feel that their education and personal exposure to issues have prepared/motivated them to take on the social, economic, and environmental challenges of our generation.
Join a discussion circle:
- Connection between Social Justice and Environmental Justice
- Sustainable consumerism
- Local food systems
- Equal access to higher education
- Cars, bikes, trains, planes, and everything transportation
- What are some things you do in your own life to live a more sustainable lifestyle?
- What are some social justice issues do you see in your community and the world today that are also related to environmental issues?
- Do you feel like you are graduating from college confident you have the skills:
- to change the course of global warming?
- to stand up against social injustice?
- to protect and educate others about the environment?
So Seawolves, let’s talk about sustainability!
Led by Claudia Sisomphou, AS Senator for Sustainability